ET is landing …
Today is the day that ET fans have been waiting for – yes, it’s time for the very first Travelling Bug House picture show, featuring everyone’s favourite quirky-if-a-little-slimy alien. Here’s a quick run-down of the things you need to know:
- Doors open at 3:30pm for a 4:00pm start.
- We’re showing two short films by a local film maker first. These will be followed by a mini break.
- ET will start at about 4:30pm and there will be a short interval half-way through.
- The event should be over by 7:00pm.
- The film is being shown upstairs at TASCOS, Stirchley, B30 2PR.
- TASCOS is a little bit hidden from view, but actually quite easy to find. The best route is to turn down Hazelwell Lane from the Pershore Road, just before Stirchley United Working Men’s Club, and then take the next turning on the left, directly after the boarded up houses (salubrious-non?). It might look like you are heading towards the back of the funeral parlour, but believe us, this is the place to go!!
- If you search on GoogleMaps then the red sticker thing appears over the boarded up houses – look beyond that and you will find your destination.
- Cakes for Life, who are looking to establish a community cafe in Stirchley, will be selling seasonal cakes. This is their launch event – yippee yay yoo!
- There will also be popcorn at the bar as well as a selection of beverages.
- Old and young are invited to enter our pumpkin competition. Contrary to popular opinion, this is not a competition for people who resemble pumpkins, rather a prize will be awarded for the best/most frightening/most unusual submission – as selected by Councillor Dawkins.
- Tickets are £3.50 full and £2.50 concession.
- Many thanks to the Working Neighbourhoods Fund and 7-Inch Cinema for supporting the event.
… and remember, the clocks have gone back so check your time devices!
See you later – Stirchley Happenings.